Head of School
Ereni Gleason Malfa ’89 became the first alumna head of school for St. Paul's School for Girls in July 2019. Ereni’s commitment to girls’ education and exemplary leadership style enable her to lead SPSG boldly into the future.
Prior to returning to SPSG, she was head of the upper school at Roland Park Country School, an independent school for girls in kindergarten through grade 12, where she had an exemplary tenure as an administrator and faculty member. Ereni is a lifelong science educator and school administrator with 24 years of distinguished service. A Baltimore-area native, Ereni entered SPSG in 1985, later joined by her sister, Emily Gleason Reymer ’91, who entered in 1987. After graduating from SPSG, Ereni earned a Bachelor of Arts in Earth and Planetary Sciences and a Master of Science in Education, both from Johns Hopkins University. Ereni currently serves on the Board of The Heads Network and has volunteered her time for the Sally Nyborg Foundation and The Robert Packard Center for ALS Research at Johns Hopkins. She and her husband, Todd, are the proud parents of Tommy, a sixth grader, and Emmalina, a fourth grader.
A Message from Ereni Gleason Malfa '89
head of School
Grateful and glad! These two words capture how I feel about returning to St. Paul's School for Girls as Head of School exactly thirty years after graduating. Not only is it a community that feels like home, it is home. Every day I walk through the doors and am greeted by warm, welcoming faces—just as I was as a student.
At SPSG, we are committed to developing confident young women. Supported by our dedicated faculty, our students exchange bold ideas, talk freely, and think big. Your daughter will find lasting friendships and joyful sisterhood, while gaining access to real-world experiences that prepare her for the world beyond our campus.
Our unique model allows for cross-campus collaboration and mentorship between students of all ages, as well as expansive curriculum offerings in the upper schools through a coordinated program with St. Paul’s School for Boys. Together The St. Paul's Schools offer opportunities for our students unlike those found anywhere else in Baltimore.
I invite you to explore our website and contact us to discover how your daughter's strengths will grow stronger at SPSG.
Ereni Gleason Malfa ’89
- September 8, 2020: First Chapel of the Year (Video)
- July 31, 2020: A Message from the Head of School (Video)
- February 28, 2020: Accepted Students' Celebration (Video)
- October 2019: Fall Prayers Talk (Video)
- September 16, 2019: Investiture (Video)
- August 28, 2019: First Day of School (Video)
- March 1, 2019: Accepted Students' Celebration (Video)
- September 3, 2020: A Message from the Head of School
- July 27, 2020: Celebrating My Fellow Alumnae
- June 18, 2020: A Reflection on the Year
- June 13, 2020: A Message from the Head of School
- May 5, 2020: Spring Update
- March 20, 2020: An Important Update on Distance Learning
- February 12, 2020: A Message from the Head of School
- August 4, 2019: Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year